[Konsole-devel] KDE Tutorial

David Durst ddurst at la-rubber.com
Tue Apr 9 19:58:09 UTC 2002

Thank you, because for most of GTK programming I don't come across
reuseable components in this fashion.

The next issue I have still been having is actually finding the Konsole
source it self.  Sure I have the src.rpm install of kdebase and every other
possible KDE package I got my hands on.  But I don't find a konsole.c or
anything near that.  I think one of the feature I would like to add is
worth contributing so I think it is neccesary to have access to the source.
> For konsole it becomes something like:
>
> 	KService::Ptr ptr = KService::serviceByDesktopName("konsolepart");
> 	factory = KLibLoader::self()->factory( ptr->library() );
> 	if (factory) {
> 		m_konsole = static_cast<KParts::ReadOnlyPart *>(factory-
>create(this,
> 					ptr->name
(), "KParts::ReadOnlyPart"));