console mode text cursor with graphics cursor?

Dan Grunberg dangrunberg at immediasemi.com
Mon Jul 28 17:33:58 CEST 2008

I have compiled Qt3 and Kong/E to run without X-windows (conf below).

When I run the executable, I get a browser and cursor that look mostly OK -
the problem is I also get a text-mode cursor that moves around in sync with

the graphics cursor and overwrites the browser with text-size blocks.  It
looks like I have to disable text-mode or console-output somehow.  I boot
linux with vga=0x307 on the kernel line with grub.

The browser actually seems to work (I can visit different sites) - the main
problem is the overwriting the screen with a text mode cursor.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Dan Grunberg

Qt configuration (qt-embedded-free-3.3.8b.tar.gz):

export QTDIR=~/qt-3.3.8

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/qt-3.3.8/lib

./configure -release -qt-gif -no-cups -no-stl -enable-rttimake -thread

Konq/E configuration (kdenox_snapshot_Qt3_2007.02.12.tar.bz2)

BOOK=--disable-bookmarks

./configure  \

            --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu \

            --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu \