Optimizing and stabilizing the browser's performance...

Bill Fassler bill.fassler at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 22:52:27 CEST 2007

I have rebuilt QT with GIF and RTTI support and then rebuilt my Konqueror static FLAT binary for uClinux on a BF537-STAMP board. So now my browser works much better and shows both GIF and JPEG images and does not crash immediately when trying to open a site with javascript.  It is perhaps a little bigger in size, but understandably so.

Unfortunately, I still freeze and crash sometimes and as I am trying to figure that out I noticed when checking my processes (PS in BASH) that konqueror has 3, 4 sometimes 5 processes running.  Is this normal?  Is there any way to contain this?  I think I am crashing because I only have so much memory.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to limit processes or memory usage or any way to optimize and stabilize the browser's performance??