building konq/e with shared library support

saravanan sar_van81 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Aug 27 10:54:33 CEST 2007

Hi,

 Has anyone successfully compiled konq/e with shared library support.i mean with "--enable-shared" option for the host(x86 processor to be viewed using QVFB ?

 I had compiled konq/e     for the host but was not able to run that. the following are the option i gave for the host:

 ./configure --disable-debug --enable-shared --disable-static --enable-qt-embedded --enable-embedded --with-qt-dir=/path-to-my -qt-embedded-free-3.3.5/
 .
 the executables are created in the following directories:

 konq-embed/src/konqueror
 konq-embed/src/.libs/konqueror and konq-embed/src/.libs/lt-konqueror.

 but i could not execute anything. i run the executable konq-embed/src/.libs/konqueror. i cant see anyting on the display.

 can anyone provide me any suggestions or solutions for this ?

 thanks in advance,

 saravanan.