Minimum Konqueror-E possible?

Henry Jensen hjensen at gmx.de
Wed Aug 8 21:17:37 CEST 2007

Hello,

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 18:24:41 +0200
"Johann Wilfling" <wj313 at gmx.net> wrote:

>  Anyway, I need something more smaller as libqt-3 alone takes about 8MB of hard disk space, plus the additional memory footprint of konq-e.

My distro DeLi Linux ships an older version of Konq-E wich uses qt2-X11 (statically linked). It has basic javascript and css support.

Unfortunately the current Konq-E uses qt3 or qt2-e and kdelibs 3.x, so the memory footprint is significant.

The other alternative is to look out for the current Gtk-Webkit development, but the available browsers
for this (e.g. gpe-minibrowser from the gpe project) are pretty unstable. And they need Gtk2, so the memory footprint isn't exactly small too.

If you can live without Javascript and CSS there is still dillo, but this project seems to be dead.

I'm afraid you won't get a "current" browser with Javascript and CSS support which needs less than 32 MB RAM.

Regards,

Henry