rtti for dynamic casts

Eva Brucherseifer eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de
Thu Mar 9 16:57:59 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag 09 März 2006 16:24 schrieb Brian Dembinski:
> Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:The makefiles are autogenerated....  So
> the next time you run ./configure you lose your changes.
>
> For Qt, I think you have to go into the mkspecs/qws dir and edit the
> qmake.conf for your architecture....  There is some very good docs on
> the Qt build process in the html pages of the Qt/E source tree.

exactly - qmake.conf is the way to go.

>              Right, I was going to configure then edit out the Makefiles.
>  I'll try your way first though.
>
> You got a bit more horsepower than me....  :-)

if you have several machines available - icecream is your friend :-))

BTW. I talked to Simon and Lars at FOSDEM and they said, that it was possible
to compile konqueror without rtti before - I guess they converted all
dynamic_casts to static_casts.
Is anyone willing to work on that one? It would be a nice addition to have a
patch for this.

Greetings,
eva

--
Eva Brucherseifer
General Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de