konq-e help

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Wed Jun 28 10:24:40 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 20:41, MishraDK wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to this konq-e.
> I am quite facinated with the *konqueror*  and wan to use in my embedded
> project.
>
> I am working on a student project where I am doing some calculation and
> after calculation I have a buffer which contains a html document.
> Now i want to pass that buffer to *konqueror* and make it display the
> content.

This list is dedicated to konqueror embedded, which is a program that wraps
the KHTML part to make it suitable for embedded devices, like PDA,
telephones and TV Set-top-boxes. From this message, I'm not sure you are
developing for an embedded device or not.

> Can any one please advice how should I go ahead making this ?
> Also *konqueror* is a part of KDEbase.

Konqueror is part of KDEBase, however, the KHTML Part, which is the
component that deals with HTML, is in KDELibs. The regular KHTML requires a
number of services from KDELIBS, and the konqueror-embedded project
provide "fake" or minimal implementations of the needed services.

> How can I intregate only the rendering part of the *konqueror* to to my
> c++ application to solve my problem?

Check out this kparts tutorial for some background:

http://phil.freehackers.org/kde/kpart-techno/kpart-techno.html

You may also have a look at the
kdelibs/khtml/testkhtml.cpp

test application for a pretty minimal implementation of an application using
the khtml component.

There should also be a module in kdenonbeta, called "kafilah" I think, which
provides an almost minimal browser based on KHTML.

> Please advice me.
> I dont want to rewrite a parser and rendering engine again in QT.
> Thank in advance.

I hope that helped.

Ciao,
Luciano