More Konqueror Q

Eva Brucherseifer eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de
Mon Jan 30 15:47:07 CET 2006

Am Dienstag 24 Januar 2006 15:47 schrieb Luciano Montanaro:

> > 3.  How do I prevent konqueror from writing to the disk?  I have a small
> > ramfs for /tmp, but konq is still writing cache data to /...  How can I
> > prevent that?  My / will be readonly....
>
> In your konq-embedrc put these lines:
>
> [http Settings]
> UseCache=false

If you want to change the directory used for caching you can do this in 2
ways:
1) you add a setting to konq-embedrc:
[http Settings]
CacheDir=/tmp/konq

2) Use the patch I comitted today (fix_cache_defaultlocation_3.5.patch) and
set an environment variable (KDEVARTMP) as you would do it in KDE. I've also
added a script in devscripts to startup konqueror with some KDE variables.

The lnusertemp executable is part of KDE, actually you only need to run it
once.

Greetings,
eva

--
Eva Brucherseifer
General Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de