How to insure that konq/e always has focus?

yan seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Jan 26 20:00:51 CET 2006

I am using javascript to navigate around the konq/e window.  Basically
the javascript intercepts the keystroke, and if it is an arrow key it
moves the focus appropriately.  Each input field is given focus using
document.getElementById("a"+idx).focus(); .  what should happen is that
if an input field is outside of the visible window konq should scroll
the screen so that the focused element is visible.

But no scrolling takes place....  And, AFAICT, once the focus has
shifted outside the konqueror window loses focus so it no longer sees
any keyboard events....

This works fine if I use the Tab key to shift focus.  But if I use
Javascript scrolling seems broken.  I could hack it by manuall scroll()
ing the window, but AFAIK a focused input element should always be
visible....

The javascript works fine if I use firefox....

I've posted the files in question here:

http://www.seiner.com/ts7000/test4.js
http://www.seiner.com/ts7000/test5.html