canvas tag

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Sat Jan 21 16:47:19 CET 2006

On Saturday 21 January 2006 15:59, Yan Seiner wrote:
> Luciano:
>
>  From the traffic on this list, I think you're gearing up for a new
> snapshot...
>
> If you're going to release a new snapshot, do you know when and if it
> will support the <canvas> tag?
>
>  From googling on the web, recent konqueror releases support it,
> although my version (konqueror 3.3.2) doesn't...
>
> The canvas tag would solve a big issue for me....  If I don't have it I
> will have to generate animated gifs, rather than allowing the user to
> scroll through a preview mode...

Do you mean this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas_(HTML_element)

I have heard this works in SVN trunk. However the snapshot I'm going to
release is based on the 3.5.1 version of kdelibs. So, I'm sorry, but it won't
be available. I don't know how much effort would be required to backport the
feature. It will be based on the JavaScriptCore interpreter that has been
merged earlier, so I suspect it will not be trivial.

Luciano