Repaint issue..

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Sun Jan 8 20:52:29 CET 2006

On Sunday 08 January 2006 15:33, Stefan Eilers wrote:
> Hi Luciano!
>
> Am 07.01.2006 um 20:32 schrieb Luciano Montanaro:
> > For the record, I just finished to compile everything again, and I
> > can clearly
> > see the problem you was experiencing, using qt-copy qvfb.
> >
> > So at least we can exclude the version mismatch problem.
>
> Ok. I hope you will find the problem. I don't have the deep insight
> into the code to find it by myself.
>
> > I'll try to check what's going on.
>
> Good luck! And thanks again..! :)

I have committed to the SVN repository a new version of the qt-embedded patch
that "fixes" the repaint issues.

The problem is that KHTML wants to render the widgets in a particular order,
so it does some magic that does not work as intended in qt-embedded.

A real fix seem quite difficult to do with current Qt and KHTML code, so I
just disabled the z-order code when using qt-embedded.

Hopefully not many pages will be affected.

I have just discovered that slashdot makes konqueror embedded crash when
compiled with qt-embedded. I'm going back to work tomorrow, and I'll not be
able to have a second look until next weekend.

Usually valgrind is quite useful to find out what is going wrong...

--
Luciano Montanaro //
                \X/ mikelima at cirulla.net