Repaint issue..

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Sat Jan 7 12:44:33 CET 2006

On Saturday 07 January 2006 11:54, Stefan Eilers wrote:
> Hi Luciano!
>
> Thanks for your reply!
>
> Am 06.01.2006 um 17:18 schrieb Luciano Montanaro:
> > On Friday 06 January 2006 13:07, Stefan Eilers wrote:
> >> Hi Developers!
> >>
> >> After some hacking I got Konqueror/embedded running using Qt/e
> >> 3.3.5 and
> >> KDELibs version 3.5. The whole stuff runs within the virtual
> >> framebuffer
> >> device (qvfb) and seems to work quite well.
> >
> > Uh, current SVN trunk contains the patches needed to build
> > konqueror-embedded
> > against kdelibs 3.5, but it needs the SVN version of kdelibs. I
> > plan to make
> > a new snapshot as soon as kdelibs 3.5.1 are released.
>
> I used the svn releases. Therfore I should have the patches, right ?

Yes, but the patch is applied in the make -f Makefile.cvs phase.
So there is still a chance it is not applied to your sources.

> > Do you have any qt-embedded specific patch to apply?
>
> No. Just used SVN trunk for kdenox and "branches/KDE/3.5/kdelibs",
> which worked quite well after changing some setting in qte-3.5 (I had
> to enable support for multithreading and rtti). Just the repaint
> problem is annoying..

> >> The only visible issue seems to
> >> be that repainting of widgets (like text fields and combo boxes)
> >> fails.
> >> Thus, after changing the size of the window or scrolling the page,
> >> these
> >> elements are corrupted.
> >>
> >> I am using qvfb by QT 2.3.
> >
> > Andrea Bondivalli has sent a patch fixing a repaint problem in
> > december:
>
> I see: "fix-khtmlview-for-qtembedded.patch"
>
> If I am back in office (monday), I will check whether this patch
> applied in my release. If not, this might be the issue here.
> Can your confirm this problem with your release? It might be caused
> by the virtual framebuffer device, but I can't check this now..

It may be due to the mismatched qvfb version, I don't know.
I'd have to build everything up form qt-embeded to test that currently,
it might take a while.

--
Luciano Montanaro //
                \X/ mikelima at cirulla.net