Repaint issue..

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Jan 6 17:18:39 CET 2006

On Friday 06 January 2006 13:07, Stefan Eilers wrote:
> Hi Developers!
>
> After some hacking I got Konqueror/embedded running using Qt/e 3.3.5 and
> KDELibs version 3.5. The whole stuff runs within the virtual framebuffer
> device (qvfb) and seems to work quite well.

Uh, current SVN trunk contains the patches needed to build konqueror-embedded
against kdelibs 3.5, but it needs the SVN version of kdelibs. I plan to make
a new snapshot as soon as kdelibs 3.5.1 are released.

Do you have any qt-embedded specific patch to apply?
Or you may send me the needed changes anyway, I can sort out if I missed out
some important things.

> The only visible issue seems to
> be that repainting of widgets (like text fields and combo boxes) fails.
> Thus, after changing the size of the window or scrolling the page, these
> elements are corrupted.
>
> I am using qvfb by QT 2.3.

Andrea Bondivalli has sent a patch fixing a repaint problem in december:

konq-embed/kdesrc/khtml/khtmlview.cpp file:

480,481c480
<
<     //static_cast<KHTMLView *>(static_cast<QWidget
*>(viewport()))->setWFlags(WPaintUnclipped); bonda
---
>     static_cast<KHTMLView *>(static_cast<QWidget
*>(viewport()))->setWFlags(WPaintUnclipped);

The patch has been integrated in the SVN sources, but it has not yet appeared
in a snapshot.
Can you try to apply it and see if that helps? I'm hoping it could fix your
problem too.

Luciano
--
Luciano Montanaro //