New to Building Konq/E

yan seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Feb 6 21:42:40 CET 2006

Jim Burnes wrote:

>Luciano,
>
>Thank you very much.  That is exactly the information I needed.
>
>BTW: I'm somewhat concerned, given my limited memory (around 32MB)
>that kdelibs might consume large amounts of memory.  Are you aware of
>any way that I can selectively disable some part of kdelibs that are
>unlikely to be used?

I am running Qt/E 3.3.4 and konq/e.  Together, with all of the supporing
libs, I am getting about 15 MB for Qt, konq, and fonts.  I'd love to be
able to reduce that.... But so far, my efforts have netted very small
improvements.

Qt will build as small as 1.5 MB, but konq seems to need the full -dist
build at around 6.5 MB....

--Yan