New to Building Konq/E

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Sun Feb 5 12:29:36 CET 2006

On Sunday 05 February 2006 03:54, Jim Burnes wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm a senior software engineer, but new to building Konq/E.  I'm
> targetting a MIPS32 environment and would like to cross compile the
> latest pre 4.x Konq/E version.  I'm building this from my Mac OS X
> workstation.  I have the correct MIPS gcc toolchain for my
> environment.

Konqueror embedded has been recently ported to kdelibs 3.5.1 (latest stable
version). As of this time, it will not work with trunk kdelibs (what will
become kdelibs 4.0).

So you need the latest Qt 3 libraries for your platform,
kdelibs 3.5.1
and a fresh checkout from the kdenox repository.

Work in in progress to adapt konqueror embedded to Qt-embedded/Qtopia 2.
If that is what you are interested in, you need to use the svn repository to
check out the sources.
You also need a checkout of the kdelibs 3.5.1 in the same directory.
So, something like:

mkdir konq-embed-work
cd konq-embed-work

svn co https://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdenox
svn co https://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/tags/KDE/3.5.1

cd kdenox
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure

should ideally set things up for compilation.

> My questions:
>
> From what I've been reading I believe I need the following to build
> recent versions of Konq/E.
>
> 1. The Konq/E sources.
> 2. The kdelib sources
> 3. A suitable version QT/Embedded.

Find the latest Qt/Embeddev v3.x if you can.
Otherwise, you can try building against Qt2 if you need to integrate in a
Qtopia environment. But the Qt2 port is being done now, and I don't know how
well it works currently. If I understand correctly, it basically works, but
there may still be problems.

> Can someone point me in the correct direction regarding version
> numbers and download pages?
>

> Again, I don't want to X compile against the QTopia Core / 4.x version
> of QT (unless there is an amazingly good reason.)

That's good, since that isn't going to work for the time being.

Let us know if you need more informations.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro //
                \X/ mikelima at cirulla.net