PREFIX help

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Aug 4 23:07:02 CEST 2006

On Friday 04 August 2006 20:14, yan wrote:
> Could someone please clue me in on how to use these when
> cross-compiling?  Is there some docs somewhere that show this?

I set the prefix to the prefix where konqueror is meant to reside on the
system.

> I am compiling on the build system with my install directory at
> /usr/local/arm/lib, which is the root of the cross-compiled file system.
>    If I tell konq/e to compile with libs at /usr/local/arm/lib, then
> konqueror looks for its libs there when it is run....  But if I tell it
> to use /lib, then the compile will fail because it finds incompatible
> libs (x86) there...

Doesn't then konqueror try to find the library in /usr/local/arm/lib, aqnd
then in the usual place?

Anyway, I'd have to look at my scripts again, but I think I needed to use the
linker options -rpath and -rpath-link.
Actually, I think I have a -nodefaultlibs in there also.

As in
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-rpath,/embedded/path/ -Wl,-rpath-link,/crosstools/path

> I am missing something, I know....  Is there a doc somewhere on how to
> use these?  What do others use in their config scripts?

An issue I have on a cross compiler I did not build on my own is that it
has .la files pointing to /usr/lib for the resolution of the libraries.
A crude but effective solution is to wipe .la files from the cross compiler
library directories.

--
Luciano Montanaro //
                \X/ mikelima at cirulla.net