Which version is most stable.

Eva Brucherseifer eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de
Mon Apr 3 16:48:06 CEST 2006

Am Montag, 3. April 2006 16:22 schrieb Luciano Montanaro:

> > >Thanks a lot. What is the right way to get the latest snapshot of konqe
> > >from the SVN repository? I did not find any instructions on konqueror
> > >embedded site.
> >
> > Eva/Luciano:
> >
> > Any chance of producing another snapshot tarball?  I'd be glad to
> > contribute my 'master patch' that addresses some of the issues I've
> > found - tabbed navigation, flash player crashes, etc, and it looks like
> > Eva has done an enormous amount of work...
>
> Well, I have not created snapshot for now because of the ongoing work by
> Eva et al.
>
> Making one is easy enough:
> * be sure to have an up to date working copy of kdelibs,
> * svn export the kdenox module
> * execute "make -f Makefile.cvs" from the kdenox directory,
> * tar the resulting directory.
> * check it at least compiles and start up
> * release
>
> > I'm running into memory leaks as well, and I need to spend this week
> > sorting those out...
>
> Maybe it's time for another snapshot. From the KHTML ChangeLog, it seems
> some memory leak has been addressed.
>
> Eva, do you think the SVN repository is in good shape for a snapshot?

well, deleteLater is commented out right now ;-) There also is a crash at
shutdown, but I guess this is caused by the missing deleteLater functions.

By the end of the week might be a better date actually, is that ok?

Luciano, what further plans do you have with SVN? We'll now do bugfixing, but
it may take another 2-3 weeks until everything is finished. Should we create
a branch?

I guess you might want to port to kdelibs 3.5.2 at some point. I gave it a
try, but again quite a lot of code changed...

Greetings,
eva

--
Eva Brucherseifer
General Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de