VNC support

Yoon Kah Leow yoon.kah.lau at appliedbiosystems.com
Mon Sep 19 13:36:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

I know this is not appropriate to post this under this forum...anyway,

I compiled QT/Embedded-3.3.4 with VNC support.

Then, start an application with VNC on my development board:-

./application -display VNC:0 -qws &

However, the application cannot be viewed from the screen of the
development board.

Hence, I started another process using:-

./application -display LinuxFb:/dev/fb0 -qws &

An error of "QServerSocket: failed to bind or listen to the socket" will
appear.

Although I am able to use a vncviewer to view the application, however,
the server's mouse events seems to
affect the client's application at the vncviewer. (i.e. the server and
client is not able to operated independently.)

It also seems that the VNC server within QT/Embedded does not support HTML
parsing?

Anyone has any idea on this??

Regards.

YJ