How to configure konqe in kiosk mode

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Tue Oct 4 10:24:47 CEST 2005

El Martes, 4 de Octubre de 2005 07:20, Jacek Grabiec escribió:

> >use --help for a list of options
>
> that doesn't seem to work for konq-e (neither konq-e
> "normal", nor konq-e compiled in kiosk mode.  it does
> work obviously with regular konqueror, that is a
> non-embedded version).  The konq-e --help just opens a
> browser window, with no list of available options. And
> none of the "regular" konqueror options seem to be
> recognized by konq-e.  Any other hints?

Oops, you are right. The KApplication is just a thin wrapper around
QApplication, so the regular qt options work, but those normally added by
KApplication do not.

> >> 2) How could I make start konqe in the kios mode
>
> with
>
> >> arbitrary window size (and screen position)? Right
>
> now
>
> >> it seems that it always starts at 200x120 (rough
> >> estimate), and it appears at random position on my
> >> desktop? The --geometry WxH+x+y option doesn't seem

> >> work.... Is there a compile time option I would
>
> have
>
> >> to use, or do I need to modify the source code
> >> (where?)?
> >
> >It's just that -geometry (notice the single dash)
> >has to be used.
> >All qt application should have this one. It is
> >modeled, I think, after
> >regular X11 application, which use a single dash.
> >
> >Luciano
>
> thanks, the -geometry option indeed worked. However it
> is a bit strange as the list of konqueror options (the
> normal, non-embedded version) provided via 'konqueror
> --help' indicates that --geometry (with double dash)
> should be used. Actually, the regular konqueror seems
> to accept both versions: with single and double dash.
> Is it possible my konq-e installation has not been
> completely correct as I seem to be missing some
> features (mainly no output to --help option)?

No, I have always had to use the single dash version.

For other available options, check the qt documentation,
and the konq-embed/src/main.cc file.
Although there are not many options useful for kiosk mode.

there is --statushide to change the timeout for hiding the statusbar,
and --sysfont, which can be used to chenge the font in dialigs.
I normally use -fn -the-long-x11-font-name-*- though.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro //
              \\ //