HTTP Proxy

Daniel Foster df3804 at bristol.ac.uk
Sat Jan 8 19:50:21 CET 2005

Hi,

First let me apologise for e-mail you all with such a "simple" question
but I cannot find a answer on the internet anywhere.

I am trying to get Konqueror/Embedded working on my zaurus sl-5500 with
oz 3.5.2 while using a http proxy.
Any internal site I can access fine but when I try to access any exteral
sites it times out. I have set the proxy settings up under preferances
which didn't do anything.

 From a terminal I have tried "export
HTTP_PROXY=http://wwwcache.bris.ac.uk:8080" and "export
http_proxy=http://wwwcache.bris.ac.uk:8080. Followed my running
konqueror from the same terminal but with no luck. Yet a wget command
from that terminal would use the proxy settings correctly.

Is there a work around for this?

Cheers,
	Dan