Help on Konq-e Printing support

zgao4 zgao4 at 126.com
Mon Aug 8 03:34:52 CEST 2005

Hi Guys,

Currently I'm working on making konq-e running on a 32-bit RISC CPU
(it's ARM like) with printing support.

I used qt-embedded-2.3.2, qtopia-free-1.5.0 and
konqueror-embedded-snapshot-20030705. After some compilation process,
The system worked on my target machine and I think all of the stuff work
very well except I do not know how to add in printing support in this
cute browser.

Actually I added in --enable-printing when configuring, and when I run
the browser, there is a printing dialog and I can select the printing
configuration. But after I submitted nothing happened. There is nothing
in printing queue when I execute lpq.

I looked into qte/konq-e source code and found that the method in qprinter class should be used to support konq-e printing functionality. I do include all the modules when compiling qte.

Hope you guys can give me some advice and that will be really
appreciated.

Here is the configuration for konq-e in my environment.

> ./configure --host=arca --without-ssl  --enable-qt-embedded --enable-embedded  --with-javascript=static --enable-printing --disable-debug --enable-qpe --enable-qtopia --with-gui=qpe --enable-jshostext  --enable-javascript

Thanks & Regards,
George