SuSE or KDE?

Bahram Alinezhad alineziad at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 14:57:50 CEST 2004

Hello,
I use SuSE 9.1 with KDE 3.2:

1- I cannot connect to the internet: After modem
negotiations, it disconnects! I have not such problem
in RedHat.

2- Unmounting a hard disk partition is impossible when
you once went to browse it with konqueror; You have to
totally exit X (e.g. by logout) to avoid receiving
"device is busy"! I have not such problem in RedHat.

3- General performance is strongly low! Although, the
performance for konqueror has been improved.

4- I get the prompt for changing my monitor settings
in each session!

5- When I login to a user other than root, and use "su
root" or open a root shell in order to run some
commands located in /usr/local/bin, I get the error of
"command not found"! I have to type the full path! A
problem that there is somehow in redhat but not so bad
as this.

6- I couldn't install "xft-2.1.2" (from
freedesktop.org) on suse 9.1; In configuration
process, it says that "xrender not found".

Thank you for your notice,
Bahram Alinezhad,
Tehran, Iran.