having trouble to compile Konq-embedded

Chao chao at adrastea.cs.umass.edu
Sun May 23 02:02:37 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am now further along the game, I have actually gotten it to pass the
configure script and now it's compiling.... I will post a tutorial on this
once I can get everything to compile and link properly so that somebody
else could benefit from my ordeal. But, the pain isn't over yet.

well, now the problems comes in the linking stage, a really strange one
too:

make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/konqueror/konq-embed/src'
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX arm-linux-g++
-Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W
-Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -ansi
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -O2
-fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-rtti -D_QT_QPE_ -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE
-DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST    -o konqueror  -L/opt/qt-2.3.5/lib
-L/opt/Opie/lib   main.o mainwindowbase.o htmlview.o popuphandler.o view.o
run.o browseriface.o bookmarks.o preferences.o preferencesimpl.o
mainwindow_qpe.o mainwindow_x11.o mainwindow_kiosk.o xmltree.o
bookmarkeditor.o bookmarkeditorimpl.o bookmarkedit.o bookmarkeditimpl.o
mainwindebug.o   ../../konq-embed/kdesrc/khtml/ecma/libkjs_html_i.la
../../konq-embed/kdesrc/kjs/libkjs.la
../../konq-embed/kdesrc/khtml/libkhtml_i.la

main.o: In function `main':
main.o(.text+0x1a00): undefined reference to
`KCookieServer::KCookieServer(void)'
main.o(.text+0x1d60): undefined reference to
`KCookieServer::~KCookieServer(void)'
../../konq-embed/kdesrc/khtml/ecma/.libs/libkjs_html_i.a(kjs_dom.o): In
function `L13557':
kjs_dom.o(.text+0x15000): undefined reference to
`DOM::HTMLDocument::operator=(DOM::Node const &)'
../../konq-embed/kdesrc/khtml/ecma/.libs/libkjs_html_i.a(kjs_dom.o): In
function `L13578':
kjs_dom.o(.text+0x15240): undefined reference to `DOM::HTMLDocument
virtual table'
kjs_dom.o(.text+0x15248): undefined reference to
`DOM::HTMLDocument::~HTMLDocument(void)'

and about 400 more lines of errors like these....I looked at the kdesrc
directory and appearantly some of the things it's complaining missing is
in there: e.g. KCookieServer.cpp is in one of the kdecsrc directories and
appearently it was compiled into some library earlier, but somehow it's
not getting picked here.....likewise for the HTMLDocument class....

Anybody know why?

I am getting so close....just a little help more.

Thanks

Chao