klibloader / launcher unkwon signal 15

Jason Hihn jhihn at lanexdvr.com
Tue Mar 2 17:46:09 CET 2004

Hi all, ok, I want to clarify several things.

1)       My build process insists on using /usr/lib/libjpeg*
The problem is the configure script tries to use that as little endian, then
the make script tries to use it as big endian (I'm compiling on x86 for
PPC). I 'solved' this by making 2 dirs in /usr/lib: libjpeg.x86 and
libjpeg.ppc. Then I added a symlink called 'libjpeg.current' to reference
one of the dirs. Then I made the /usr/lib/libjpeg* files symlinks to the
files in current. This way I can switch between the two with an rm
libjpeg.current; ln -s libjpeg.ppc libjpeg.current. Commands are as follows:
cd /usr/lib
mkdir libjpeg.x86
cp libjpeg.* libjpeg.x86
mkdir libjpeg.target
cp /path/to/target's/libjpeg libjpeg.target
ln -s libjpeg.x86 libjpeg.current
(for each libjpeg file, do the following: )
rm filename; ln -s libjpeg.current/filename

then you can move between the two arches by moving where libjpeg.current
points to

2)       In konq-embed/kdesrc/kthml edit libkhtml.la and add
../dropin/kio/libkiodropin.la to the dependency_libs line

3)       If you get that unknown signal 15, its because you're missing the
SSL lib. I loaded konq into gdb, ran it, and when it got SIGABORT I typed
'where', which indicated that it was generated in the SSL loading.

I hope that helps.

-J

Verint Systems Inc

  _____