Konqueror startup HTML

Paul Chitescu Paul.Chitescu at IMC-Group.org
Tue Mar 2 13:18:43 CET 2004

First of all, this is the Konqueror/Embedded mailing list. This is not what
you wanted as Konq/E does support the behaviour you like ;)

The reason you cannot paste the URL directly in the body of an empty frame
is that it holds no KHTML - which is what intreprets pasting as goto.
Konqueror supports many types of parts, not only HTML, each interprets the
paste action in its own way. As a notice you cannot paste either if the
current view is just an image alone, not in a page. The image part does not
send the pasted URL to the browser extension.

As a second note to Konq/E users, navigating to images and some types of
embedable objects creates an ad-hoc HTML container which is capable of
handling the url paste action.

Paul

Adam Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm could not find a sufficient forum for suggesting additions or changes
> to Konqueror, however if you turn off the default start page for
Konqueror,