compiling latest konq-e from CVS

b0ssman at wrconsult.net b0ssman at wrconsult.net
Fri Jun 11 17:19:24 CEST 2004

Quoting Luciano Montanaro <mikelima at cirulla.net>:

> El Thursday 10 June 2004 22:11, b0ssman at wrconsult.net escribió:
> > i followed the directions on the konqueror/embedded webpage & downloaded
> the
> > kdelibs + kdenox components, then attempted to perform a "make -f
> Makefile.cvs"
> > from the kdenox directory; the following is a transcript of what happened:
>
> Currently konqueror embedded *should* work with kdelibs 3.1 or 3.2. The
> kdelibs 3.2
> support has been added quite recently, and there could be some problem with
> it. I
> hope I did not break kdelibs 3.1 support in adding kdelibs3.2.
> The HEAD kdelibs, however have not been tried at all. Be sure to check out
> kdelibs
> from the KDE_3_1_BRANCH or KDE_3_2_BRANCH. Or better yet, from the latest
> minor release
> on each branch (for kde3.2, it should be KDE_3_2_3_RELEASE).
>
> Let me know if that helps, or not.

thanks, luciano, i'll try that as soon as i can get to my CVS box later today.
(i'm currently working @ a site that blocks CVS access through its corporate
firewall.)

how tolerant of warnings/errors should the build be?  i mean, for example, if a
"cp" command fails (as it did when i performed the "make -f Makefile.cvs"
command), is that OK?  what about failed HUNKS encountered during patching?