Compiling the latest and greatest

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at virgilio.it
Sun Jan 25 10:51:16 CET 2004

On Saturday 24 January 2004 22:28, Brad wrote:

> Well seeing as 3.2 is so close to release I'd say make konq-e use kdelibs
> from 3.2 branch.

That is my plan. In current CVS head I committed some changes that will be
needed by kdelibs 3.2, but that should not prevent compilation with kdelibs
3.1, but there is still quite a bit of work to do, and I will not have much
time to work on it in the next few weeks.

> I'd like to see a new snapshot too. and I'd like to point
> out that kdelibs 3.1 (3.1.{4,5}) seems to work just fine with OpenSSL 0.9.7
> (0.9.7c), compiled with both gcc2 (2.95.3) and gcc3 (3.3.2). This is on
> OpenBSD i386/macppc/sparc.

I have OpenSSL 0.9.7b here. There is definitely some problem with it.
At least, I get an assert()ion when konqueror tries to dlsym() one of the
needed symbols. I have changed it to a kdError() in my local copy,
but I'm not too compfortable knowing that.

I'll try to package a snapshot tomorrow. Are you interested in testing it?
If it works, I'll make it the "official konq-embed for 3.1" and really start
working on 3.2 stuff.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro //