Compiling the latest and greatest

Brad brad at comstyle.com
Sat Jan 24 22:28:04 CET 2004

> I'll try to help. Sadly, not many have tested the konq3-embedded, so there are
> probably lots of rough edges yet. In fact there is at least one  problem that
> I am aware of: if the installed kde is version 3.2 (or a beta), it tries to
> use kde3.2 features. You may have better luck with the CVS version.
> I'd like to make a new snapshot with the fixes, but I have some problem while
> building, since kdelibs 3.1 and OpenSSL 0.9.7 do not mix.
>
> Can you tell me the compiler and target architecture you are trying to compile
> for? that may help.
>
> Luciano

Well seeing as 3.2 is so close to release I'd say make konq-e use kdelibs from 3.2
branch. I'd like to see a new snapshot too. and I'd like to point out that kdelibs
3.1 (3.1.{4,5}) seems to work just fine with OpenSSL 0.9.7 (0.9.7c), compiled with
both gcc2 (2.95.3) and gcc3 (3.3.2). This is on OpenBSD i386/macppc/sparc.

// Brad