Windows-users are right to laugh at us!

Bahram Alinezhad alineziad at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 18:13:20 CEST 2004

I have to say again: If major problems are still
exist, Working on minor bugs is wasting the time!

1- Opening the Konqueror is too slow, much slower than
Gnome-Nautilus and too much slower than
Windows-Explorer! (I have a 500MHz processor with
256MB RAM and "Show Previews" is disabled). Probably
it is because of many unnecessary features added to
it; e.g. browsing the web, viewing pictures, texts,
pdfs, ... Yes, It is a universal viewer, but it is not
a good file-browser!!!

2- In many cases, Konqueror detects file-types from
their extension as silly as Windows-Explorer! MPEG
files with .dat extension are recognized as "unknown"
and ISO images are recognized as plain-text files!!!
May be many other false format-recognitions? This is a
few more: Clone-CD-image .sub files as mp3, Nero-image
.nrg files as plain-text, WindowsXP-pagefile as
plain-text and .sys files as mp3(!!!)