Generating a snapshot

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at virgilio.it
Sat Nov 29 09:42:37 CET 2003

I have noticed that it should be possible to use "make dist" from the kdenox
top level directory to create a tarball for distribution.

The tarball could not be generated for the HEAD branch, due to missing files/
obsolete makefiles, so I changed them a bit, and now the tarball is created
correctly.

However, some of the "Makefile.in" files are missing from it.

Is there some auto* guru out there that could point me in the right direction?
An example of missing Makefile.in files is
kdenox/konq-embed/add-ons/kflashpart/Makefile.in, for example.

I think I could do the tarball by just exporting the tree and doing a
make -f Makefile.cvs
as I have been doing with the old tarball - which I still have to push to
Simon, sorry for the delay - but I'd like to understand what is missing.

Thank you for any answer,

Luciano