[konq-e] My requests for Konq-e

Barry Kauler bkauler at goosee.com
Sun Nov 23 15:22:22 CET 2003

Hi guys,
I'm a member on this (very low-volume) list, and I also
use Konq-e for an actual end-user distribution,
called "Puppy".

Puppy, for anyone who doesn't know, is a very tiny Linux
distro that runs totally in a 48M ramdisk, that's the
entire filesystem.
With the latest version I have put Mozilla in there also,
though with great reluctance, as it really is bloatware.
(yeah, Moz also fits in that 48M ramdisk, along with a
comprehensive suite of GUI apps, including Scribus
desktop publishing and Qt 2.3).

I very much like Konq-e but I can't make it the main browser
as it has some problems ...really really wish I could
though, and dump Moz!!!

One problem is that I can't copy to the X clipboard.
That would be so handy.

Another, most important, is I can't download anything.
Konq-e doesn't have to have its own download manager,
as long as it can invoke an external manager and
pass a URL on the commandline.

Ditto for an external mailto: handler.

If you could fix those two, that would probably be good
enough!

Another issue is the user interface seems to degenerate
with usage ...I haven't fully investigated that one.

It would be real nice to have some visual indication of
the current "tabbed windows" and current selected one,
maybe some kind of bar graph.

Moz has anti-aliased fonts.... even though I'm using an old
version of Moz, v0.9.8 and only GTK 1.2.

Okay, thought I should put in my wishlist, just so you
know! You can find Puppy at:

http://www.goosee.com/puppy

...the live-CD iso is only 41M.

Regards,