issues with motion JPEG viewing..

Keith Kyzivat konq-e@mail.kde.org
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:18:43 -0500

Hello all,

With Simon's 12/16/2002 snapshot, I am seeing some problems with motion
JPEG viewing.
Upon loading a page with an infinite motion-jpeg (specifically a webcam
in this case), the image never gets rendered, and after a while, the
system hangs.

I believe that Konq/E is trying to load the whole image before rendering
it to the framebuffer.  In the case of an infinite JPEG, this would
result in the entire heap being allocated to the buffer for the motion-jpeg.

Is this a known problem that has already been addressed in later revs?
 Is this a problem in the libjpeg I'm using (libjpeg.so.62)?

I'm going to proceed by moving to the latest Qt/E release, and Konq/E
CVS HEAD, but I'd like to know if it's been fixed or not (if anyone knows).

Thanks!

Keith Kyzivat
kkyzivat@attbi.com