Kaffe JVM for QT/Embedded

Oliver Fels konq-e@mail.kde.org
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:45:53 +0100

Paolo Scaffardi:

> Kaffe Java Virtual Machine (www.kaffe.org) has been successfully ported
> to QT embedded!
>
> So, if someone is working on Konqueror Java support it should be a GREAT
> new!

I had it running on my ipaq under OPIE and I found it heavily unstable at
first glance- so don't expect magic things.

I am also not sure whether kaffe includes its own appletviewer implementation
which is required for JAVA applet support to interact with the browser- kaffe
is not a fully fledged JVM but an extended PJ implementation.

And, IIRC, konqs JAVA support under KDE is depending on some applet proxy
framework in the KDE system which would have to be ported to the destination
platform first.

Oliver