Back button in kiosk mode?

Mark Baker distobj at acm.org
Mon Dec 15 19:45:42 CET 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 01:17:56PM +0200, Paul Chitescu wrote:
> There's no "back()" slot anymore in the main window - what version are you
> using?

Yah, that was the problem.  I wasn't familiar with slots & signals, as
you could probably tell.

FWIW, I did figure out a solution, so thought I'd post it here.  I just
added this;

connect( new QAction( "", "", Key_Left, view, "go_back" ), SIGNAL( activated() ), view, SLOT( back() ) );

to mainwindowbase.cc in createNewViewInternal after the new BrowserView
object was created.

> They're not - that's the whole point of kiosk mode: every bit of navigation
> must be done in the HTML page.

Hmm, I've seen kiosk-style environments with a back button before (such
as the one I'm working on[1]).  Perhaps Konq uses a stricter definition
of "kiosk" than I do though.

 [1] http://www.nanometrics.ca/images/PDF%20files/Taurus2.pdf

Mark.