Crash: Searching for symbol "PKCS7_content_free"

Peter Niederberghaus pkn at clabsms.de
Mon Aug 11 14:40:59 CEST 2003

Hi Ajit,

this problem arises on FreeBSD. The crypto lib does not contain the symbols
"PKCS7_content_free" and "OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms".

Possible workaround:  remove (uncomment) the following lines in
konq-embed/kdesrc/kssl/kopenssl.cc:

  K_PKCS7_content_free = (void (*)(PKCS7*))
_cryptoLib->symbol("PKCS7_content_free");

and

  x = _cryptoLib->symbol("OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms");
  if (x) {
    ((void (*)())x)();
  } else {
    ...            // keep this block!
  }

Other workaround: uncomment the assert instruction in
konq-embed/dropin/klibloader.cpp:

void *KLibrary::symbol( const char *name )
{
    void *res = m_symbols[ name ];
//    assert( res );
    return res;