Slow konqe on a PXA250

Simon Hausmann konq-e@mail.kde.org
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:46:33 +0100

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 11:28:18AM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Hm, does Konq/e create new threads often? I found a post over at the
> armlinux-kernel list that identified a problem in the Linux process creation
> code for the PXA...

konq/e does not make use of threads (clone(2) and friends) , it
still creates child processes for network IO though. I'd be
surprised though if the creation of the processes is what gives the
bad performance you experience. (I mean... you'd notice that in the
whole system I guess)

I'm clueless about the PXA cpus. Are they particularly bad or good
at integer or fpu arithmetic? Do they lack an fpu at all like the
arm modules?

Simon