newbie questions

Rob Kaper konq-e@mail.kde.org
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 00:19:34 +0100

On Wednesday 27 February 2002 20:11, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
> first could some one please tell me the major difference between
> Konqueror/Embedded and Konqueror?

Konqueror is the full browser shipped with the KDE Desktop Environment an=
d=20
includes various features and plugins to extend it.

Konq/E is a somewhat limited browser which can be compiled without X usin=
g=20
Qt/Embedded. It has the basic web browsing features but no extras to keep=
 a=20
small size for embedded solutions. The rendering engine uses the exact sa=
me=20
code as the "real" Konqueror, though, KHTML.

> Also, is there some way to configure the filemanager such that it
> will not let the users navigate out of their home directory?

Not that I know of.

> Lastly, I would like to be able to set up some associations with
> applications such as StarOffice/OpenOffice suite and the documents
> that they run.

Hm, I guess Simon can clue you in on this much better than I ever could.

Rob
--=20
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a litt=
le
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
www.capsi.com | - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1=
759