[Konq/E] Same problems now as ever

Imad Hussain konq-e@mail.kde.org
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:15:05 -0500

Hi!

Earlier in the month I wrote about the problems I was having compiling
Konq/E on OpenBSD 3.0. While a few of the minor errors (mostly
pertaining to the makefile and the #include statements) are remedied in
the latest (Feb 19th) snapshot and the CVS code (as of this morning), I
still needed to fix the bad char* cast in launcher.cpp. But that was
relatively easy.

I'm still getting the out of memory abort when compiling the helper
function -- it has something to do with the color map/list at the
beginning, but the compiler will eat up over 120 MB of memory (I've
added a new harddrive and now have 500 MB of swap with 64 MB of physical
RAM) and exit with a "virtual memory exhausted" error. I'm wondering why this happens and what can be done about it.

TIA!

--
Best,
                                                           Imad Hussain