Some wishlist ideas

Ryan Saunders jediry01 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 09:10:03 CEST 2011

Hi Kompare devs,

I am a software developer, and interested in helping to add a few features to Kompare. Here are a few things I'd like to see Kompare be able to do that it can't right now (as far as I can tell):
 - Partial line diffs: when only part of a line has changed, highlight the actual changed part more vividly than the rest of the line
 - Mercurial integration: I'd like to be able to view the changes contained in a Mercurial "bundle" file, by pointing Kompare at the bundle and at the URL of the repository.
 - Select/copy/paste: In particular, I want line-wise copy/paste, supporting both plain-text and HTML formats (with the diff colorization included in the HTML). I intend to use Kompare to help facilitate code review of changes to an OSS project, and being able to paste portions of the diff into email and comment on them will help with this.

Do these sound like features that you'd be interested in having in Kompare?

Ryan