patch against bug #176804

Eduard Sukharev kraplax at mail.ru
Mon Jan 19 04:42:15 CET 2009

> >Subject: Re: patch against bug #176804
> >Date: Monday 19 January 2009
> >From: Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>
> >To: kompare-devel at kde.org
>
> On Monday 19 January 2009, Eduard Sukharev wrote:
> > Some time ago i submitted the bugreport #174806 about Kompare doubling
> > the open dialog twice and KDE' one being really screwed up. Today i was
> > able t find out the reason for that - the usage of Q3GroupBoxes for
> > "Source" and "Destination" widget groups.
>
> Good catch, but...
>
> > So, i just used KButtonBox from it and it solved the problem
>
> ... do we really need a KButtonGroup there? Is a QGroupBox (the native Qt 4
> one, not Q3GroupBox) not good enough? KButtonGroup adds button group
> functionality for radiobuttons, there are no radiobuttons here.
>
> You also left a "class Q3GroupBox;" sitting around in filespage.h, is that
> still needed or did you forget to remove it?
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Ok, i've created another version of that patch so that it now uses QGroupBox
instead of KButtonGroup. also about that "class Q3GroupBox;" - i just forgot
about it. Now it's transformed into "class QGroupBox;" and used.

Well, since that KButtonGroup isn't that important i decided to create another
patch, so that the dialog for selecting the diff executable uses QGroupBox too
- there're no radiobuttons there, right? Well, at least on the first tab.

Again, I'd like to hear your comments. Can that be accepted now and commited
to svn?

--
Regards,
Eduard Sukharev