Open password protected file

Thomas Zander thomasz at 3mail.se
Mon Feb 14 11:41:32 CET 2011

On Monday 14 February 2011 04.31.35 tien dh wrote:
> Hi,
> How can I open an office file that is password protected?
> When I open a password protected file, KOffice shows a dialog with
> error message: Could not open <file>, Reason: Document is password
> protected.
> Is there any way to solve this, please help me :)

KOffice applications can open encrypted documents of the OpenDocument ormat
But some closed formats like MSOffice documents an encrypted file can not be read
because the decryption concept for those closed formats is not known to KOffice.

If you are trying to open an open document format file (extensions like odt or
odp or ods) that should be possible if the right libraries are installed. (qca)
If you are opening other fileformats then unfortunately koffice can't help you.

Hope that helps.
--
Thomas Zander