SimpleFIN

Mikael Kujanpää mahead at iki.fi
Sun Aug 9 19:16:42 BST 2026


Jack via KMyMoney kirjoitti 09.08.2026 00:34:
> The concept sounds great - but on a quick review only, the full flow of
> data is not really clear to me.  While SimpleFIN may not store your
> bank account credentials, does this imply that SimpleFIN has been
> itself trusted by the bank to be given your data?

While we are on topic, I would like to raise similar suggestion 
regarding Enable Banking. https://enablebanking.com/

It acts as a proxy service between end user application and banks, and 
it's free for personal use and does grant you ability to read bank 
records from numerous European banks. As it's a a Finnish company, has 
quite big partners and is promoting open standards, so I'm personally 
okay to use the service. Firefly III and Actual Budget do support it 
also.

I have just taken it in use with Actual Budget and it works great, and I 
would love to see the support by KMM too. In practise, that would 
probably be something like small web service able to trigger the sync 
and then listening callbacks made by Enable Banking and finally 
outputting KMyMoney readable CVS file out of that.

Mikael


More information about the KMyMoney mailing list