Closed brokerage accounts still being used

timothyp egroegboyle at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:09:10 BST 2022

Hi

I have closed all individual brokerage accounts and created one General
Brokerage
account for all share transactions. Since these transactions are
transparent to me.
I give my Investment Company instructions to buy, sell or switch shares
and tell them
what account (normally my cheque account) to withdraw or deposit monies
into.

However when I download the statements from the investment company, KMM
automatically uses the brokerage account for that share account.

This is to me strange since the brokerage accounts are closed and and manual
transactions are not possible. Indeed to rectify the situation I have to
reopen the
brokerage account , move the transaction to the general brokerage
account and close
the account again.

Is there some way I can nominate a brokerage/cheque account for money
transactions,
either by a QIF option or a KMM setting?  I really do not want those
extra 12 brokerage
accounts, so if someone has a similar situation and there is already a
solution that I am
missing, I would appreciate your assistance.

Thank you
Timothy