consistency check failure

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue May 12 13:55:13 BST 2020

On Dienstag, 12. Mai 2020 13:57:04 CEST Stanton Sanderson wrote:

> > On May 12, 2020, at 5:25 AM, Michael Berger <amiberger at online.de> wrote:
> >
> > Dear friends of KMM,
> >
> > after 12 years I found it necessary to clean up my KMM (removing empty, outdated and obsolete accounts). I find my data now still to be okay and everything working as expected. But that warning as per screenshot pops up at every new start.
> >
> > As a layman I tried to get rid of that annoying warning but failed.
> >
> > Could somebody please, give me some advice what to do?
> >
> > Thanks and best,
> > Michael Berger
>
> Michael,
>
> I’m sticking my foot out here, but I don’t think the following will hurt…
>
> I recall a similar problem after cleaning up some accounts. What solved it was to go to edit the account (Accounts -> Edit Account) and change the opening date to include the date KMM was complaining about.
>
> Backup your data first, of course.

+1 (not only for the backup but the rest of your statement too)

And btw: did you know, that you can stick that 'weird' T0000.. number completely into the text field of the "Edit/Find" dialog to get a hold of the transaction? Also into the search field of the ledger view.

Have fun and stay safe

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,
than to speak, and remove all doubt.