Building KMyMoney 5.1.0

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Jun 16 18:47:09 BST 2020

On Dienstag, 16. Juni 2020 17:34:09 CEST Jack wrote:

> On 2020.06.16 11:25, Thomas Baumgart wrote:

> > directory

> > > Yes, we will probably remove the use of the ASCII entity from the
> > > Catalan translation.  The Spanish translation is apparently not
> > > affected.  It has nothing to do with how similar the languages are,
> > but
> > > whether the individual translator added use of an entity not used
> > in the
> > > source docbook. (The original just has the word "ASCII" but the
> > Catalan
> > > translation uses a newly defined entity "&ASCII;".  It's so new, I
> > was
> > > not even aware of it, and have still not looked at it's intended
> > usage.
> >
> > Hmm, I don't know if *we* (as in KMyMoney dev team) can remove it. It
> > is
> > the task of the translation team. What makes me wonder is that I was
> > able
> > to build KMyMoney without problems on my rather old installation
> > without
> > any problems.
> >
> > Thomas
> It depends on the version of kdoctools you have, as that includes
> general.entities, which is where that entity is defined.  According to
> Burkhard Lück, it was added in 5.50.  I have 5.70 installed, so it is
> obviously not THAT new.  I suspect the only problems will show up on
> LTS distros.  I agree we need to ask the Catalan translator to remove
> it, and not to use entities not used in the original docbook files.

That explains it: I am on kdoctools 5.55.

> I'm not sure how to do that.  I think it might also be possible to us
> to temporarily include that entity definition in index.docbook (as has
> been done for authors) until KMM requires at least version 5.50 of
> kdoctools (or whatever else pulls that in).

It gets pulled in by code that is added by running tarme.rb which
can be found here: https://invent.kde.org/sdk/releaseme

We could add this part to our CMakeLists.txt and require a minimum
version if we want. That is explained on the above releaseme site
at the bottom in the Translations section.

To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it;
to mess up your Windows box, you just need to work on it.
Scott Granneman, Security Focus