Building KMyMoney 5.1.0

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 16 16:34:09 BST 2020

On 2020.06.16 11:25, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> On Dienstag, 16. Juni 2020 15:28:09 CEST Jack wrote:

> directory
> > > Verified. I removed po/ca po/ca at valencia po/es since I think these
> > > translations might be quite similar.
> > >
> > > Do you have plans to solve the problem for future releases?
> >
> > Yes, we will probably remove the use of the ASCII entity from the
> > Catalan translation.  The Spanish translation is apparently not
> > affected.  It has nothing to do with how similar the languages are,
> but
> > whether the individual translator added use of an entity not used
> in the
> > source docbook. (The original just has the word "ASCII" but the
> Catalan
> > translation uses a newly defined entity "&ASCII;".  It's so new, I
> was
> > not even aware of it, and have still not looked at it's intended
> usage.
>
> Hmm, I don't know if *we* (as in KMyMoney dev team) can remove it. It
> is
> the task of the translation team. What makes me wonder is that I was
> able
> to build KMyMoney without problems on my rather old installation
> without
> any problems.
>
> Thomas
It depends on the version of kdoctools you have, as that includes
general.entities, which is where that entity is defined.  According to
Burkhard Lück, it was added in 5.50.  I have 5.70 installed, so it is
obviously not THAT new.  I suspect the only problems will show up on
LTS distros.  I agree we need to ask the Catalan translator to remove
it, and not to use entities not used in the original docbook files.
I'm not sure how to do that.  I think it might also be possible to us
to temporarily include that entity definition in index.docbook (as has
been done for authors) until KMM requires at least version 5.50 of
kdoctools (or whatever else pulls that in).