Building KMyMoney 5.1.0

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Jun 16 07:43:16 BST 2020

On Dienstag, 16. Juni 2020 01:38:22 CEST Jack wrote:

> On 2020.06.15 14:53, Jochen wrote:
> > Am 15.06.2020 um 16:25 schrieb Jack:
> >
> >> An update from the documentation list suggests we should request the
> >> Catalan team to not use the ASCII entity until it is used in the
> >> original docbook.  That might require a respin, but it would only be
> >> necessary for anyone trying to compile with translations and with a
> >> version of kdoctools below 5.50.
> >
> > O.k.
> > But how to exclude not used languages in documentation tree before
> > compiling?
> Find the po directory and delete the folders below that you don't need
> - there is one for each translated language.  I haven't actually
> grabbed the full tarball myself, so I cant confirm that myself.
> >
> > "es" might be affected too? Here I need only German and English.
> No, apparently only Catalan.  From further discussion on the
> documentation list, the Catalan translator should not have used a new
> entity before it's actually used in the base docbook file being
> translated.  I also think someone on that list did a grep and only
> found the one copy.  (Note that an alternate "fix" is to change
> "&ASCII;" to "ASCII" in the affected file.)
>
> I don't fully understand how the build chooses which languages to
> process, but I suppose there are probably ways to control that in the
> cmake or compile commands.

Compare the end of CMakeLists.txt in the top-most directory between
the git version and the tar-ball version. The difference is what processes
the po directories.

Computer science terms (#095): PGP-Keysigning-Party
 The cult of sitting together and collectively mumbling magic numbers.
 -- Gert Doering