Building KMyMoney 5.1.0

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 16 00:38:22 BST 2020

On 2020.06.15 14:53, Jochen wrote:
> Am 15.06.2020 um 16:25 schrieb Jack:
>
>> An update from the documentation list suggests we should request the
>> Catalan team to not use the ASCII entity until it is used in the
>> original docbook.  That might require a respin, but it would only be
>> necessary for anyone trying to compile with translations and with a
>> version of kdoctools below 5.50.
>
> O.k.
> But how to exclude not used languages in documentation tree before
> compiling?
Find the po directory and delete the folders below that you don't need
- there is one for each translated language.  I haven't actually
grabbed the full tarball myself, so I cant confirm that myself.

> "es" might be affected too? Here I need only German and English.
No, apparently only Catalan.  From further discussion on the
documentation list, the Catalan translator should not have used a new
entity before it's actually used in the base docbook file being
translated.  I also think someone on that list did a grep and only
found the one copy.  (Note that an alternate "fix" is to change
"&ASCII;" to "ASCII" in the affected file.)

I don't fully understand how the build chooses which languages to
process, but I suppose there are probably ways to control that in the
cmake or compile commands.