=?UTF-8?Q?Re:_KMyMoney_5.0.6_(but_probably_5.0.x_if_not_more); __transact?= ions don't seem willing to match

Ryan Novosielski ryan at novosielski.com
Mon Jan 20 21:35:16 GMT 2020

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2020, at 4:26 PM, Ryan Novosielski wrote:
>
> I didn't think about that carefully, other than I guess to know that
> the behavior seems to have changed since KMyMoney ~4.6 or 4.8. The
> "payee" names tend to drift from time to time, particularly for these
> sorts of transactions (transfers, credit card payments, etc.)., so they
> may not match 100% (right now, AmEx appears to use "ONLINE PAYMENT -
> THANK  YOU" and the bank account shows "AMERICAN EXPRESS ELEC REMIT" on
> the other end ). My scheduled transactions are set up as transfers,
> they're have the account defined as the bank accounts, and they at this
> moment appear to have the payee set as "PAYMENT - THANK YOU". The dates
> are within the configured range, usually about 2 days (the amount of
> time the transaction takes to process, generally) and the dollar
> amounts are exactly the same. In all cases, manual matching works just
> fine.

Another example where I'm even more confused about why it didn't work. The existing transaction was entered manually/via scheduled transaction I believe. Both the payee and the memo field are exactly the same, as is the dollar amount. The transactions are one day apart. The only other difference I can see is that one is cleared and one is not.

--
  Ryan Novosielski
  ryan at novosielski.com