matching transactions

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Feb 28 10:25:38 GMT 2020

Michael,

On Freitag, 28. Februar 2020 11:04:00 CET Michael Hirmke wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> [...]
> >KMyMoney should be able to cope with varying amounts during the match
> >operation. I know that my phone bill has varying amounts and it matches
> >perfectly well every month. One requirement for that to work is that you mark
> >the option "Amount is an estimate because it varies for each payment" for the
> >schedule.
>
> I've set this option for all these scheduled transactions, but it seems
> to get ignored.

We need to figure out why that is the case. If you start KMyMoney in a
terminal window it will print out a few trace message what it is doing
during import and what it is checking. That might give some ideas what is
going on.

In case a loan account is involved this might make a difference, but I
can't remember the details.

> >The trick might be to not enter the scheduled transaction (manually or
> >automatically) but let the import do it (not sure if that is documented).
>
> Didn't saw that in the docs, but if I'd do this, I wouldn't see what
> will happen in the next n days.

Do you know, that you can display upcoming scheduled transactions in the
ledger without them being entered? Check the last option on

https://docs.kde.org/stable5/de/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.settings.schedules.html

> >In case no match was found in the ledger of the account during the
> >imported, KMyMoney searches for (over-) due schedules and if one of them
> >matches it enters it directly while performing the match.
>
> >Hope that helps.
>
> Uhm, not really, because KMyMoney doesn't do (at least here), what you
> described regarding the amount. I even get an error, when I try to match
> manually.

The error in that case makes sense, as I mentioned you can only match exactly
the same amount. AFAIR the varying amount is only available during import.

> Thx anyway.

You're welcome.

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men
trying to find easier ways to do something. -- Robert Heinlein